What Should You Do If Someone You Know Is Seriously Injured?The following is excerpted from our BLOG on Lawyers.com > Law Blog
Mark A. Doughty
Anyone who suffers a catastrophic personal injury knows firsthand the pain, fear, and immediate physical trauma that such an experience can cause. Unfortunately, the long-term effects associated with these traumatic events cannot be overlooked. They can alter the life of the victim for years to come—and possibly on a permanent basis.
Here, the Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty illustrates just a few of the lasting problems that catastrophic Sacramento personal injuries can cause:
• Loss of a bodily system or function. Victims of catastrophic Sacramento injuries such as paraplegia or quadriplegia lose the ability to perform many of their former daily tasks. Depending on the nature and extent of the damage to their spinal cords, they may lose reproductive, digestive, or even respiratory function. Such physical dependence often leads to the need for full time assistive care, either by a nurse or other medical professional, such as a certified home attendant.
• Multiple surgeries. It is not uncommon for a Sacramento personal injury lawyer from our firm to obtain compensation for victims in need of multiple surgeries. Often the physical damage from catastrophic injuries is so great that it cannot be remedied with just one, or even two, surgeries. It is possible that a victim will need to visit the operating room dozens of times in order to have his or her medical issues fully addressed.
• Rehabilitation. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy are just a few of the treatments for which a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento may seek benefits on your behalf. These therapies can continue for months, or even years, depending upon the extent of your injuries.
• Lengthy hospital stays. Weeks, and sometimes months, of intensive care can add to the financial burden borne by victims of catastrophic injuries. Retaining the services of an injury lawyer in Sacramento may be crucial to obtaining a settlement that covers the expenses incurred by these stays.
You found the right Sacramento personal injury lawyer
The Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty can provide an accident lawyer in Sacramento who will answer all of these questions and more. With over thirty years of experience, we regularly achieve outstanding results for our clients, and have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for them. We are available to discuss your case twenty-four hours a day, and will gladly schedule evening and weekend appointments.
If necessary, we will even visit you at home or in the hospital. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. For the convenience of our clients, we have Spanish and Punjabi interpreters available. With unparalleled qualifications such as these, we feel confident that when you retain the services of our firm, you will be sure it is the right one for you.
Contact us for your Sacramento accident lawyer today
If you are injured, contact the Northern California Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty for an accident lawyer in Sacramento.
- Yuba City, CA - call 530.674.1440
- Sacramento, CA - call 916.979.1917
- Lincoln, CA - call 916.645.1917.
Read full article at: Our SettlementBoard BLOG
Filed under: Personal Injury Settlements