Litigating Claims for Sacramento Car Accidents
Mark A Doughty: Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento explains what is involved.
When you retain the services of a Sacramento car accident lawyer, you need one who is not only well-versed in the law, but who knows how to apply it to your particular case. No two claims in this area of practice are exactly alike, and you need an approach that is tailor-made to your situation.
How Sacramento auto accidents are litigated
The following are descriptions of litigation procedures for different types of accident cases:
• Hit-and-run accidents: If the perpetrator of the hit-and-run is caught, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento can request an award of punitive damages, in addition to other forms of compensation. If the driver who caused the collision is not caught, we can proceed and recover against your Uninsured Motorist Carrier.
• Truck Accidents and Vehicle Collisions: Additional parties who can be held responsible for the accident / collision (besides the driver) include the employer of the driver, the truck / vehicle manufacturer, the loaders, and the auto mechanics who worked on the truck or vehicle.
• Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are much more likely to suffer severe injuries than motor vehicle drivers in Sacramento auto accidents. This is because they are not enclosed in a vehicle like the driver of a car, so there are fewer barriers between the driver and the objects involved in a crash. Attorneys for motorcyclists usually seek and recover higher awards during litigation that will compensate for any injuries received.
• Bus accidents: Governmental Claims are often filed in these cases, in accordance with the large number of passengers who sustain injuries.
• Road construction-related accidents: Road maintenance crews, supervisors, and even county and other Governmental Agencies may all be held accountable for poorly constructed, maintained, repaired road surfaces or dangerous condition of public property that have led to devastating injuries.
• Inclement weather-related accidents: Rough weather does not preclude a driver from being especially careful on the road. Therefore, your attorney will insist that a driver who blames weather conditions for the accident is still responsible for failing to take necessary precautions.
• If you have Uninsured Motorist Coverage Insurance on your vehicle, your insurance company must pay for the damage to the vehicle, even though the negligent, at fault, driver has no insurance.
Injury Attorney | Mark A. Doughty Law Blog | Legal Resource ArticlesWhy Do I Need an Accident Lawyer in the Sacramento Area?
While it is possible to represent yourself in Sacramento accident litigation, the Law Offices of Mark A Doughty are here to support you in your Catastrophic Personal Injury in Sacramento, CA
Anyone who suffers a catastrophic Sacramento personal injury knows firsthand the pain, fear, and immediate Causes of Automobile Accidents in Sacramento
The causes of an automobile accident in Sacramento are numerous and varied.
In the thirty-year practice... Accident Attorney | Mark A. Doughty | GoLaw.com
- Caring, Tough & Effective Representation:
SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURIESAuto Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Trucking Accidents, Pedestrian / Bicycle Accidents, Public Transportation Accidents, Wrongful Death, Slip & Fall / Premises Liability, Animal Attacks, Products Liability, Defective Drugs/Drug Interactions, Unsafe Public/Private Property, Construction Site Accidents, Third Party Liability, Aircraft Accidents and Water-Related Injuries.
Contact us for your Sacramento accident lawyer todayAt the Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty, you can contact us twenty-four hours a day, and we are available for evening or weekend appointments. If necessary, we will even visit you at home or in the hospital. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. For the convenience of our clients, we have Spanish and Punjabi interpreters available. If you are injured, contact the Northern California Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty for an accident lawyer in the Sacramento Area.
For Yuba City, CA - call 530.674.1440
For Sacramento, CA - call 916.979.1917
For Lincoln, CA - call 916.645.1917
Go to our website: GoLaw.com
Read full article at: Our SQUIDOO BLOG
Filed under: Personal Injury Settlements
Topic: Automobile Accidents